Sophie has a clear preference for adults. She has no problem just going up to an adult to see if they're friendly. Completely the opposite with little kids: when another kid comes up to her to say hi, Sophie starts screaming and scares the poor friendly soul.
So some of my friends came over last night while Sophie was still awake. Two of them came in at the same time, and Sophie was amazed, and pleased, to see these people in our house suddenly. She kept going up to them and saying, "oh, hi!" Then a third came in -- one that she actually knew and recognized -- and she just couldn't contain herself. She didn't even say hi, she just burst out with "I LOVE you!"
She just got out a book we haven't read in a long time, and I asked her if she wanted to read it to Mr. Ben. She said, "No! No, no... no."
I'm learning how funny it is to interact with people who can talk but haven't learned to censor themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment