Sophie is now very, very into little figurines. During her "nap" time, she arranges them on her windowsill and has them act things out, either scenes from books or tv she has seen, or dialogue that she has made up herself. I LOVE seeing her do this. We have a little plastic Winnie-the-Pooh, and this afternoon she was having Pooh act out scenes from his movie with a big orange Chomposaurus, Strawberry Shortcake, and a gray cat. So I guess little toys like that are another idea for her birthday. I still haven't really found the right gift.
Today we received The Little Mermaid in the mail from Netflix. I'm not totally sure about letting the kids watch it, but Sophie likes fish and mermaids, and she already knows some of the songs. I'm just worried about the scary parts, and the whole big-eyed-and-topless thing. And of course all the love stuff would be confusing if it didn't go right over her head. But I think we can at least watch the songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment