She has started to crawl over to me if she wants me, but it's kind of funny because once she gets to me, she doesn't know what to do. She doesn't really fuss or make arm motions "up" yet, so she just kind of bats at my legs and tries to climb me, or just waits for me to do something. She does like to use me to stand up on her own, which she's not very good at yet, but she has done it once or twice. She tries with other things, but there's nothing that's quite the right height.
Yesterday I found out that she is not fooled by "peekaboo" anymore. I covered my face and asked her, "where's Mommy?" She crawled up to me and pried my hands apart to see my face! Then I did it again, and she peeked around my hands to find me. Oh well, she still seems to think it's fun.
The picture above shows our new dining room set that just arrived last night! We put it together and now we have a lovely table and chairs in time for Thanksgiving. It just occurred to me, what is Sophie going to be doing while we are all eating?? Maybe we can time it with her nap...
Ooo, I LOVE your new dining room set! And Sophie looks so cute sitting (standing?) there at the table.
ReplyDeleteHah -- now we can move on from an obsession with crawling to an obsession with walking!
ReplyDeleteYes, the decor is a real hit!
Why can't Sophia be doing what she is doing in the picture while we have Thanksgiving? I'm sure she would love to stuff her hands right into a big bowl of stuffing.
ReplyDelete