Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Holidays!

So, I've been really lax on the picture taking. I know Susan took some while they were here for Thanksgiving, and hopefully I'll get hold of them and post some images of Sophie's first Thanksgiving! (She slept through dinner.) She was a little apprehensive about her grandparents at first, but she was fine after a little time. Also, she seems very attached to me all of a sudden. I remember just a few weeks ago, when she was first able to crawl, it was hard to get her to come to me. Now I can't get away from her without making her sad. It's just so pitiful how she crawls in my direction, just whimpering or sobbing. :(

She is so super cute, though. She's just climbing up everything she possibly can. It's just this mad desire to stand. Yesterday, she stood alone -- not holding on to anything -- for about one full second. She was so wobbly, so it was pretty funny. She didn't fall, though, just grabbed back onto her bouncy chair, which she had used to stand up in the first place. Today I gave her a bath in the big tub for the first time. She started going a little crazy, splashing the water and climbing the sides of the tub like her life depended on it. But she wasn't upset, just very sort of excited.

Another funny thing happened today. We've had little to no trouble nursing after getting the hang of it at the beginning. All of a sudden, this afternoon she would not latch on... she would just bite me every time I tried to get her to! It was really hard to keep offering, and after biting me she would cry really hard. I didn't know what was going on. Finally I concluded that nursing just wasn't going to work right now, and I held her for a while to calm her down, then put her down on the floor. She didn't cry or crawl over to me, but instead played with a ribbon I left on the floor for her. Then, out of nowhere, she burped. As soon as that happened, she crawled back over to me. So I thought I would try nursing again, and it was fine! So funny how a little gas would affect things so much, and how she knew that once it was gone, she wanted the milk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment