I think Sophie officially crawled tonight! The step she was missing was moving her arms forward, and John "taught" her, I guess you could say, to do it even though it was maybe a little bit cruel. He'd put something she wanted just at the edge of her reach, then when she would lunge for it, he'd inch it just a bit farther away so she'd lunge again, and repeat. Voila: crawling! (Don't worry, she always got whatever the object was in the end!) Wish we had caught it on video. She even seemed to have a learning curve, getting better and better at staying on all fours while moving across the floor. You don't realize how much coordination it takes until you watch a baby learn to do it! We'll see if she starts to do it on her own now, without the trickery.
Also, I'm 90% sure she has another tooth coming in. This would be her fifth. She won't let me look inside her mouth, but she's been fussy for a few days, puts anything she can in her mouth to chew on (I know what you're thinking, but MORE than usual), and the drool is UNENDING. Tonight she was razzing absolutely non-stop. Maybe it makes her mouth feel better.
Here is a list of foods Sophie has tried, in order of her preference:
Bananas, nectar of the gods
Apples/pears
Carrots
Sweet potatoes
Sweet peas
Green beans
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Avocado
Spinach
I think she just hasn't had enough chances with the avocado. The next food we're going to try is pumpkin or butternut squash, whichever I see at the store.
Her next doctor appointment is the day before Thanksgiving so I won't know what she weighs until then, but I think she's really getting big. I got a bunch of 12-18 month winter clothes for her, and she's wearing them all now and they fit perfectly. In fact, several of them are already very hard to pull over her head. I think given her heritage on both sides, it's safe to say her head is definitely on the big side, as expected. I think from now on it's neckholes with snaps or buttons or just some more flexibility! I LOVE dressing her up.
No comments:
Post a Comment