The life and times of our big girl Sophie, updated (sort of) monthly.
Monday, October 6, 2008
A Busy Week!
I know it sounds cliched, but it's really getting so that Sophie seems more advanced every single day! She talks more and more, experimenting with her voice. She has better and better control over her balance and over her arms and hands, very consciously grabbing onto things that she's interested in. Her fourth tooth broke through in the past few days, and today I gave her a vegetable for the first time: peas! She really liked them, I think. I'm now feeding her "solid" food three times a day, though not very much at a time: oatmeal in the morning, rice in the evening, and now a veggie during the day. If you put her down on the ground, she can turn to face any direction she wants. AND just today look what she has started doing:
She's been doing it all day. I think she's proud of herself, but is frustrated because she still can't really GO anywhere! Time to do the official childproofing of the house, anyway.
Her Ohio grandparents came to visit for the weekend and she had a blast with all the extra attention! She loved having them play with her, sing to her, read to her, feed her, and just hold her. Yesterday, on their last day, we drove to a small beach and let Sophie experience the sand, breeze, and water. She liked the gulf air quite a bit, but got a little scared when we stood closer to the ocean with her. She did NOT like her feet in the water! I think it was just too loud. Anyway, here are some pics from this week:
Cereal face.
Smiley girl.
Finally some good pictures of the two of us.
Very smiley girl!
What's a moose? What's a muffin? That's only the tip of the iceberg with this story...
"Attention Lightles. We have your daughter. If you ever want to see her again, send 105,000 chocolate & peanut butter buckeyes to 411 Woody Hayes Dr, Columbus OH, 43210. Go bucks."
"Oooh, a shiny camera. I bet I could grab it if I really tried..."
"Attention Americans. We have your country's cutest baby. If you ever want to see her again, vote Obama/Biden on Nov. 4th! YES WE CAN!!"
What she left off this post is that we saw over a dozen porpoises swimming alongside the beach. They were cool.
ReplyDelete