Well, it's finally getting a little chillier here in sunny Florida. Today the three of us went downtown to vote early. The line was about 15 or 20 minutes long, and when we got to the end of it, there was a law enforcement officer of some kind as well as a news crew with a camera and microphone. We asked the officer how long it was taking people to get through, and he told us he would take us to the front of the line because we had a baby and it was cold (60 degrees, although it was windy and felt colder). First we said no, we didn't want to cut in front of everybody else who had been waiting. But then everyone around us said, "no, you should really do it, your baby will get cold, we don't mind!" So then I started to feel like maybe I was being a bad mother, and said ok, we would go to the front. Then the reporter started asking people, "and how do you feel about that?" (Of course, he was just asking the same people who he had just heard insist that we go.) We went a little way with the officer, but the line was really long and when we saw how many people we were cutting in front of, we told him we didn't want to. He tried to convince us that we weren't doing anything wrong, and I think he felt really bad about making us wait in line with the baby, but I just didn't like the idea that all you have to do to avoid the wait is bring your kid. Anyway, we got through the line in not too much time and Sophie and I filled out the ballot together in her first election!
Sophie's been trying lots of new foods. She likes fruits a lot, especially bananas. She doesn't like spinach (I don't blame her, it was gross) or sweet potatoes, but tolerates peas and enjoys carrots. I'd like to find some type of cereal or cracker or something that she could pick up and eat by herself, because she'd really like that. She's always grabbing for the spoon when I try to feed her. Here's a picture of her after I gave her the spoon, AFTER I had finished feeding her:
I would say she is sort of mobile, but still not really crawling. She can often get where she wants, whether it's forward or backward or wherever. It just takes her a little while to wiggle there.
Hilarious messy face video! It's so funny how messy babies can be and not even know it (or really they MIGHT know it but just not care so they act like they don't know it).
ReplyDelete