Let's just forget about that. Sophie and I have been busy making new friends around Tallahassee. We go to Baby Time at the library where they sing songs and read stories. She's too young to get most of it, but I think she enjoys the songs and seeing the other babies! We also went to a playdate last week with four other baby girls. They are all a couple of months older than Sophie, but she didn't seem that out of place... just a little less mobile. And finally at the mall this week, we met a boy who is also 5 months old. But Sophie didn't talk to him this time, because he was trying to sleep.
Not crawling yet, but she's getting very good at pivoting around on her belly, even though her position on the ground doesn't change. The place where she moves the most is in her crib! Every night I put her down in one corner of her crib with her head toward the middle. Then the next time I see her, she's at the other end of the crib, all turned around! We finally had to take the monitor out of her crib because she kept rolling into it.
She's eating some rice cereal every day and doesn't seem to mind it too much (doesn't love it either, though). For some reason, she has started to go to bed earlier and earlier! Last night I was very excited to take her out for a jog in our new jogging stroller. We left at 6pm. She only let me go one mile, then started fussing a lot so we had to go home, and by the time we got home she was so sleepy she wouldn't even nurse! I might have to become an early morning runner, but that will be a heroic goal for sure...
This blog does not represent the views of all members of the Lightle household. While the loss to USC may have been devastating, a true Buckeye never loses his or her Buckeye spirit. We shouldn't allow ourselves to confuse "Buckeye spirit" and "confidence in our football team."
ReplyDelete...says the man who has "forgotten" to hang the BLOCK O flag from our garage ever since Sept. 13th...
ReplyDelete