Now that we're back to doing activities during the day, Sophie seems much happier. She talks ALL day! "Da" has replaced "ba" as her most frequent syllable, and boy do those "da"s have personality sometimes! But really, she say all kinds of things. Sometimes I think it sounds like Chinese, tonally. Some kind of interactive things she does are: wave hi and bye (although she's very temperamental about these), give five (she can do two at a time), and "beep" with index fingers.
She finally learned how to open cabinets. Boo. And of course, that's new and exciting, so she wants to do it all the time. So now, all our beautiful cabinets will have those ugly, inconvenient white toothy latches on them.
I have been getting frustrated with her during mealtimes. Even though she likes eating, likes feeding herself, and totally has the ability to pick up and chew most foods, she just won't try new things. She just likes to eat dry, starchy things. I can't even get her to eat chunks of fruit, even though they're sweet. So I guess we're sticking with purees for now, but I don't want her to get into food habits where she is used to having the same thing at the same time of every day. So we're still trying things, and it's frustrating when they don't work.
My relationship with Sophie is changing a little bit. I'm not used to thinking of her as her own person, but these days, I can often tell what she's thinking, or at least I think I can. This means that I often take my cues about what she needs from her actions, not just my own guesses. And she really expresses when she's having fun, and she is more assertive about when she's NOT having fun. She loves Alpha Pig on SuperWhy. She laughs and bounces when he comes on. And she loves music. We discovered that she even has rhythm when she dances!
Here are a couple more videos of Sophie from the past week. They're a little boring, but maybe not to people who don't see her every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment