The second one is that she can stand up without grabbing onto anything! It's SO cute. She squats on the ground, then with lots of wobbly determination, pushes up as much as she can with her little legs until she is upright. There is something about seeing her accomplish this that just fills me with pride, I think because she obviously really wants to do it, isn't sure she can, but then does. We give her lots of praise when we see her doing it, too. We're also practicing walking around the house holding her hand(s), and she is getting better at it.
We've had more problems with eating lately. There were a couple of days when it seemed like she barely ate anything in the later part of the day (she usually has three meals plus a snack). Dinner time is very unpleasant sometimes, especially when she rejects food that she has always liked. When I get frustrated, I try to tell myself that if she were hungry, she would eat, and that making a big deal about it will only make both of us more unhappy. Last night she ate a huge quesadilla with salsa and ham inside, though, so I think it just varies from day to day.
Thanks so much to the people who have donated to our March for Babies next month! We met our initial goal so quickly that I decided to increase it, since there are still several weeks before the walk. If you click on the widget at the top right, it's very easy to donate, and you can give as much or as little as you want. We really appreciate everyone's support!
No comments:
Post a Comment