Thursday, February 19, 2009

March for Babies

Sophie and I will be participating in the March of Dimes' "March for Babies," a 3-mile walk, on April 18th. We're trying to raise money for research and awareness initiatives that will help pregnant women carry their babies to full term, and help premature babies and babies with birth defects get a healthier start in life. I got to carry Sophie to almost 42 weeks, and she was born perfectly healthy. That has meant so much to us. If you'd like to help us work toward the same fantastic outcome for other families, you can click the widget on the right to sponsor me and Sophie with a few bucks, or you can simply find out more about the organization at the March for Babies website.

In other news, Sophie actually has a mild cold right now as well as another tooth coming in at the back of her mouth, but she seems to be doing well despite the discomfort I know she is feeling. This is only her second time being sick at all. I guess it was inevitable, since we are hanging out with other kids almost every day. Also, we're about to switch her to cloth diapers. I'm a little nervous about it since we have the disposable thing down so well, but it'll be cheaper and better for the environment, so it's something I've been wanting to do for a while. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment