Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You've Got to Give the People What They Want

...and what they want is blog updates! Wow. OK, well, there didn't seem to be much to report last week, but here are some tidbits from the past few days:

1. I discovered that toddlers love babies! I took Sophie to the playground while John went on his run, and she and her stroller proved irresistable to a couple of energetic kids. I hadn't thought it would be much use to go to a playground with a 4-month-old, but I ended up meeting a couple of moms just by sitting there. BTW, Sophie looks adorable in her sunhats. :)

2. Sophie had fun the past few days with her grandparents and Aunt Natalie from Seattle! She loved the new faces to look at, and gave them lots of smiles and laughs. We had sort of planned on letting them babysit for us so we could go out one night, but it didn't work out. :(

3. Sophie got to experience her first tropical storm while her relatives were visiting. LOTS of rain, and maybe a little damage to trees and bushes. Add that to her close brush with the tornado in Columbus! She really loves the outdoors, rain or shine. We've begun taking her on walks and runs the past couple of weeks and she's captivated, especially by the trees. We'll buy a jogging stroller soon.

Anyway, I know what people really want is pictures, so here are a few from the past two weeks:

She loves to fly high like a bird! Giggles and giggles ...and drools.

Time for the Moores to go home. They're nice and clean for their day of travel, while John and I wish we were still in bed.

Feet are so interesting! And tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment