Sophie has been a very good big sister lately. She talks to her brother, tells him what to do, describes to him what he's doing, and plays with him. She also gives him things like his blankie and his shoes.
Speaking of shoes, she's gotten a little obsessed with them lately. She wears her dad's, mine, and her own all the time, and most of the time she wants to put them on herself:
She's been using lots of happy exclamations lately: "I'm having so much fun!" "That's wonderful!" "Great job!" "I love _____!"
This weekend I took just her to the store with me and she had lots of fun helping me pick out food, reading words, and pushing price tags around (sorry, Publix employees!). On the way into the store, she asked me, "what are you talking about?" I said, "I'm not talking about anything; I'm just walking." So she asked, "what are you walking about?"
When John got home and saw she was wearing mismatched shoes, he asked her why she was wearing two different shoes. She said, "because I'm wearing two different shoes!"
Tonight at dinner I said to John that I had tried a new strategy when Sophie had a screaming fit. He said, "what? Did you smack her?" And Sophie laughed and said, "ha ha! That's funny."
No comments:
Post a Comment