She's been a good sport about not getting out much, though. Yesterday we just watched a lot of TV. She still loves SuperWhy, and has actually started making some noises in response to the questions they ask on the show. Her favorite character seems to be AlphaPig, but I guess that could change. She's also starting to appreciate Sesame Street a little more. In this week's Newsweek, they had an article about Sesame Street that I was reading, and each page had some big pictures of the popular characters. When Sophie noticed them, she seemed very surprised to see them there, but there was obvious recognition. So I've been using those pictures to teach her their names, and how to point to them. But her favorite part of any show -- or any activity in general -- is the music. We often just put on a Sesame Street CD and she loves to hear those songs. She'll just stand in front of the stereo, shaking her butt.
Sophie is still a very picky eater. Recently she has been willing to eat scrambled eggs or organic chicken nuggets for dinner, though, so that gives us a couple more options. Yesterday I got her to eat a waffle. From what I've seen, she'd be much less picky if I just fed her junk food, but I think it is WAY too early to be losing that battle already. It would be nice if we could establish a more consistent diet by the time we take our trip, but I'm not too optimistic!
Here are some pictures and a video of Sophie listening to her dad play the guitar:
No comments:
Post a Comment