Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy (Chinese) New Year!

Please forgive the long hiatus. Our trip took a lot of energy to prepare for, to take, and then to recover from. I figured since we saw a lot of people who read this blog during the trip, it was ok to take a break, but I think people are already going through Sophie withdrawal (and I don't blame them). Our trip was well worth it, but very exhausting for both me and Sophie, so I'll just skip over all that.

Today Sophie is officially 9 months old! She is a happy little girl, and these are some things she likes (in order from most to least):

Mommy
Cheerios
Other food like bananas, mushed sweet peas, tomato and eggplant puree, and sweet potato slices
Music, especially the Alphabet song and "Shake My Sillies Out"
Peekaboo
Swinging at the park
Daddy, though much more when he's wearing glasses than not
SuperWhy
Elmo's World segment on Sesame Street
Books (I guess the TV is a little more accesible at this point in her life!)
Chewing on plastic or paper
Standing, supported by vertical surfaces
Going grocery shopping
Going on walks in her stroller

People ask if she'll be walking soon, and I'm not really sure. She seems like she could, but will probably wait a bit more. Since we got back, I've seen her stand unsupported for several seconds at a time -- as long as half a minute. But these are isolated incidents, and she seems to be happy crawling to wherever she wants to go for now.

On the talking front, she really had a breakthrough with consonants during our trip. She still says "ba ba" quite a bit, but now it is accompanied by "ma ma" (usually when she wants me to do something for her), "da da" (not yet associated with John, but we're working on it), "nya nya", and sometimes "va va" and the occasional "ghee".

After we got back from our trip, she gave me an amazing couple of nights of sleeping for 10-12 hours straight! Now that we're settled here again, she has gone back to her old schedule, except the 3am nursing session seems to have been abandoned. Yay!

This week we did another round of shopping, since she seemed to have had a growth spurt during our trip as well. I LOVE getting her clothes! Unlike when I shop for myself, I can always find totally cute clothes at great prices for her!

As you might imagine, we have tons of pictures from the last few weeks. I'll post them soon in another entry, but for the time being, here is a cute video:



We also have a webcam that we can use with Skype or Google Video Chat if anyone is interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment