Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Teething Begins

Well, we knew teething could begin as early as 3 months, and it turns out Sophie's constant drooling the past couple of weeks was definitely a sign of it. Her first tooth has broken through! I guess this is good from a development standpoint, but it does bother her. She's been pretty fussy since, and LOVES chewing on her dad's thumb. I don't let her chew on my thumb...I think nursing her every two hours is quite enough, thank you.

Her personality seems to be getting more complex every day. She really likes to be talked to, and sometimes even talks back. She's very good about voices; she'll turn her head to look at you when you're talking, and sometimes when I try to make her think that some inanimate object is talking to her, I see that she knows it's just me. She is very big on eye contact!

Her schedule seems to be in flux right now, though. For one thing, she goes to sleep earlier and earlier every day. I haven't given her a bath in almost a week because she keeps falling asleep before I can get to it! Bad mommy. As for waking up in the morning, I have an 8am rule: she may wake up before then, but I certainly am not going to! So sometimes she just ends up laying in her crib talking to herself for half an hour. Also, she's gone from pooping every few hours to depositing one HUGE one in her diaper each day. So huge they overflow and stain her clothes...this is how I justified finally buying her some clothes to John! This week's photos feature one of her new outfits. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the sun dress on! So cute. Hope your wrist is better Becki.
    Soccer tryouts upon us......Hope all is well with you 3. Miss you.aa

    ReplyDelete