I decided not to have a pregnancy blog for BL#2 -- although he will be getting his own babyhood blog -- since I just figured I could post any pregnancy updates here. I am now 34 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has gone by much faster than Sophie's. The days just fly by, so even though I think it's pretty common at this point to feel like you can't wait for the baby to come out, I don't feel that way. I'll be very happy to have my body back, but Sophie and I enjoy our time together, and I enjoy getting enough sleep every night (or afternoon)! In fact, I can't say I'm looking forward to being outnumbered by my children, so in many ways I'm savoring the time I have left. Don't get me wrong, though... I don't like pregnancy, either. I'm just fine with everything coming and going in its due time.
As far as I can tell, this pregnancy is going just fine and is relatively easy, like the last one. Good differences: by this time with Sophie, I already felt so big that I felt the need to cut my hair. Not so this time, despite the summer heat and humidity here in FL. Also by this time, I had that weird hemangioma right on my face... no sign of anything like that now, and keeping my fingers crossed. Bad differences: I have gained more weight this time, almost certainly due to lack of exercise. It's just too hot, and hard to fit in while I'm taking care of Sophie. I'm wearing John down on shelling out for a good double jogging stroller so I can get back to running soon after the delivery. Also, I seem to feel much more downward pressure this time, so even the maternity pants that I wore every day with Sophie until she came out are pretty uncomfortable this time. I basically stick to dresses.
Tomorrow I'll have my first prenatal appointment in a while because of our trip. Most people who read this probably know that I'm seeing a pair of midwives who have a stand-alone birthing center here in town. So far, I've felt better than I did last time about the care I've received, and about the environment in which it is given. But now that we're getting closer to the delivery window, John and I will have to make a bigger effort to make sure all of our questions about delivery outside a hospital are answered. We also plan to use a doula, which is basically a professional labor coach. I've met with her a couple of times now, and have been reassured by her ability to help me let go of worry, stress, and general negativity I've been feeling in association with this birth. Those are not things I want to take with me to that event.
Some good news: my neighbor arranged to have a baby shower for me on August 22nd. The planning has all happened kind of fast, but I hope that some people are able to come. I would say for the second baby, most things are wants instead of needs, but the best thing for me about a shower is that it helps me get excited about having this child, which is a feeling that has been sadly missing in the whirlwind of everything else that's going on. It will be nice -- and overdue -- to celebrate it for a change!
No comments:
Post a Comment